FDI’s definition of oral health
Oral health is multi-faceted and includes the ability to speak, smile, smell, taste, touch, chew, swallow and convey a range of emotions through facial expressions with confidence and without pain, discomfort and disease of the craniofacial complex (head, face, and oral cavity).
Oral health means the health of the mouth. No matter what your age, oral health is vital to general health and well-being.
Definition available in different languages
- Definition of Oral Health (English)
- Définition de la santé bucco-dentaire (French)
- Definición de la salud bucodental (Spanish)
- Abschließende Definition (German)
- 口腔健康的定义 (Chinese)
- تعريف صحة الفم (Arabic)
- Определение здорового состояния полости рта (Russian)
- 「オーラルヘルス」のFDIの定義 (Japanese)
- Definizione della salute orale (Italian)
- Definicija oralnog zdravlja (Croatian)