05 April 2019
- Understand the influence of biomaterials and biomechanics of dental materials used in fixed prosthodontics which provide fundamental information for clinicians on tooth preparation designs.
- Understand how the amount of remaining tooth structure affects the compressive strength and fracture resistance of a tooth during function.
- Describe the different applicable designs of fixed prostheses to improve the longevity of these prostheses.
04 April 2019
Understand the current treatment concepts in prosthodontics
- Assess and identify difficult cases requiring prosthodontic treatment
- Plan and execute prosthodontic treatment predictably
- Recognize the new technologies and materials in prosthodontics
01 April 2019
- To establish the current step by step procedures for direct restorations
- To understand the differences between direct and indirect restorations and to determine when to use one or the other
- To establish the basic principles of dental morphology to achieve an optimal occlusion
- To establish the importance of an ideal morphology for the final success of the restoration