Reports to: Congress & Continuing Director
Location Geneva, Switzerland – no work from home opportunity
Position type 80 – 100%
Contract type Permanent
Start date ASAP
FDI World Dental Federation is a Swiss-based not-for-profit organization. It serves as the principal representative body for over one million dentists worldwide. Founded in Paris, France, in 1900 it is one of the oldest organization’s in the field of dentistry. Its membership includes some 200 National Dental Associations and specialist groups in over 130 countries. FDI is the global voice of the dental profession and works with its member organizations to improve the oral health of people worldwide. It is in official relations with the World Health Organization and works closely with other UN agencies. FDI’s vision: ‘leading the world to optimal oral health’. www.fdiworlddental.org; www.facebook.com/FDIWorldDentalFederation; twitter.com/fdiworlddental
About the position
The FDI World Dental Congress (WDC) operates through a franchise model whereby national dental associations organize the Congress under the guidance of FDI. The congress is organized once a year in a different country and include an exhibition, an international scientific programme and FDI World Dental Parliament.
FDI Continuing education programme is delivered throughout the year both at the international and regional level. FDI Global Continuing Education is monitored by FDI Leadership and Education Committee and implemented at a regional level by FDI CE Regional Directors.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the planning and logistics of the WDC scientific programme (invited speakers & abstract submission process) in collaboration with the local Scientific Programme Committee and FDI Education Committee
- Support the congress travel arrangement and logistics for FDI officials
- Collaborate on the technical planning and registration arrangements for FDI World Dental Parliament
- Regularly update the FDI Congress Manual and ensure any changes are integrated into future congress organization.
- Ensure the Local Organizing Committee has all necessary information to operate and that the WDC franchise business model is respected.
- Support the work of the Education Committee and take the necessary steps to ensure activities are in-line with the FDI strategy
- Manage and develop FDI’s international speakers’ database
- Support the Regional CE Programme Directors with the regional training courses implementation and promotion (budget monitoring, travel arrangement, technical set-up, digital promotion)
- Participate to the FDI Global Continuing Education strategy implementation and regional development.
Desired skills and competences
- 3 to 5 year’s experience working in a similar congress and education management role or related field (e.g. PCO).
- Experience in organizing virtual meetings and training courses.
- Experience and interest for software and database management
- Excellent knowledge of excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet conflicting deadlines under pressure.
- Team worker with a positive, solution-focused approach to work. A good understanding of the not-for-profit healthcare sector with previous experience an asset.
- Excellent oral and written English communications.
- Extensive experience of working with a diverse range of communications channels.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Swiss or valid permit to work in Switzerland.
Application: interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, cover letter and work certificates to email@example.com, addressed to Laetitia Reymond, Congress &Continuing Education Director, by 08 November 2023.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.