FDI Regional Organizations convene and represent member national dental associations from the same geographical area. FDI's geographic areas are: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America.
The functions of an FDI Regional Organization
- Develop policies, reports and resolutions for submission to the Council and the General Assembly.
- Cooperate with the various FDI agencies in promoting its objectives in the region.
- Encourage cooperation amongst national dental organizations of the region in the fields of research, education, practice and public health to help improve the oral health and general health of the populations of the region.
- Support candidates for election to Council.
- Carry out such other functions as it seems fit or that may be assigned to it by these Articles and Regulations.
Asia Pacific Regional Organization (APRO)
APRO SECRETARY GENERAL
Dr Fernando Fernandez
Latin American Regional Organisation (LARO)
Dr Lupe Salazar