FDI World Dental Federation is a Swiss-based not-for-profit organization. It serves as the principal representative body for over one million dentists worldwide. Founded in Paris, France in 1900 it is one of the oldest organization’s in the field of dentistry. Its membership includes some 200 national member associations and specialist groups in over 130 countries. FDI is the global voice of the dental profession and works with its member organizations to improve the oral health of people worldwide. It is in official relations with the World Health Organization and works closely with other UN agencies.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, preferentially with an experience of working in the field of oral health/health, and/or the non-profit sector. You will have to demonstrate your ability to work in a multicultural environment. You need to be able to adapt, to have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be working closely with committees and experts of the Federation.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and experience of project management, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting and reporting. You will be providing expert groups with ad-hoc clerical and logistical support.
Main duties and responsibilities
General communications support
- Support the Education and Public Health Director
- Support one of the FDI Standing Committee and/or other task teams or group of experts
- Ensure the delivery of key FDI project(s)
- A good understanding of the healthcare and non-profit sector
- At least 3 years of experience in project management
- Strong analytical skills meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency of Microsoft office
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet conflicting deadlines under pressure
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills (fluency in other language(s) an asset)
- Excellent team worker with a positive, solution-focused approach to work
- Willingness to travel
- Swiss resident or valid permit to work in Switzerland
Desired skills and competences
- Strong interest in oral health, public health issues as well as education
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com addressed to Sean Taylor, Associate Director of Education and Public Health, by 15 November 2019.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.