The World Dental Development Fund takes applications on a continuous basis. Submission deadline is on 15 June, at which time each application is screened by the Public Health Committee in accordance with the criteria listed below.
Criteria for Funding
Outside applicants, as well as FDI Regular or Associate members, are eligible to apply. WDDF applications are due on 15 June each year.
Applicants must be able to
- secure additional financial contributions apart from WDDF funding;
- provide detailed financial documentation;
- prove how the project will be completed successfully.
Applications must also include
- comprehensive aims and objectives;
- specific planning, implementation and evaluation stages;
- a team list indicating each member’s relevant experience.
Projects should revolve around at least one of the following topics:
- oral health promotion;
- disease prevention or eradication;
- primary healthcare.
Projects must benefit disadvantaged individuals and/or communities and contribute to improving oral health. Projects must relate to local, regional or national strategic health aims within the country and should be developed in consultation with local authorities and stakeholders.
Priority will be given to projects with a prominent educational component and strong potential for sustainability.