IDEM 2018 celebrates almost two decades of clinical excellence in dentistry
The 10th edition of the International Dental Exhibition and Meeting (IDEM) will be held at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre in Singapore from 13-15 April. Organized by the Singapore Dental Association and Koelnmesse, Asia Pacific’s cornerstone event in dentistry celebrates close to 20 years of clinical excellence.
The President of the Singapore Dental Association Dr Lim Lii described IDEM as an important event in the region to uncover the latest trends being discussed in dentistry. According to the Managing Director of Koelnmesse Mathias Kuepper, IDEM continues to be the main exhibition and scientific conference for dentistry in Asia Pacific and he looks forward to many more fruitful years of collaboration with the Singapore Dental Association.
Striving for clinical excellence
IDEM 2018 is expected to draw 9,000 visitors, over 30 international speakers, and 550 exhibitors – including two new pavilions from Australia and Poland. For the first time, the programme will include live patient demonstrations on the benefits of the digital CAD/CAM workflow. In addition, participants will be able to attend the many lectures presented by dentists, educators and researchers from around the globe, as well as hands-on workshops and collect Continuing Education credits.
Sessions not to be missed
- Masterclass lectures and a hands-on workshop titled ‘Revolution in 3D smile design: The REBEL’ by Dr Galip Gurel, Founder and Honorary President of the Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry
- The additive approach to complex rehabilitation with Dr Christopher Ho, Specialist Prosthodontist in Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry
- A rational workflow in the treatment and restoration of endodontically treated teeth by Professor Simone Grandini, Head of Department and Chair of Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry at Siena University
- Periodontal treatment in the 21st century by Dr Magda Feres, Dean of Dental Research and Graduate Education and Professor in the Periodontal Department at Guarulhos University
- Managing the ageing population, where dental professionals will learn skills and techniques for treating older patients