The ‘FDI Smile Award’ serves to promote preventive oral care at local level. It was launched in 2015 with the generous support of the Colgate-Palmolive Company. The award valued at US$5000 recognizes FDI member National Dental Associations (NDAs) that are making a difference in oral health through innovative and sustainable community outreach projects in their country.
The awardees are selected by an Award Committee according to the following criteria:
- Expected educational andprevention outcomes on theproject
- Project’s outreach andcommunity benefits
- Involvement of keystakeholders
- Sustainable outcomes
2017 FDI Smile Award Winners
The winners of the second edition were the Argentinian Dental Association and the Slovenian Dental Association. The awards were presented at the 2017 FDI World Dental Congress in Madrid, Spain (29 August–1 September 2017).
- News story
- Confederación Odontológica de la República Argentina (CORA)
- Stomatološka sekcija, Slovensko zdravniško društvo (SDV)
2016 FDI Smile Award Winners
The winners of the first edition were the Palestinian Dental Association and the Cambodian Dental Association. The awards were presented at the 2016 FDI Annual World Dental Congress in Poznań, Poland (7-10 September 2016).
- News story
- Cambodian Dental Association project report
- Palestinian Dental Association project report
Get in touch
Please contact Virginie Horn Borter for more information.