- Understand the influence of biomaterials and biomechanics of dental materials used in fixed prosthodontics which provide fundamental information for clinicians on tooth preparation designs.
- Understand how the amount of remaining tooth structure affects the compressive strength and fracture resistance of a tooth during function.
- Describe the different applicable designs of fixed prostheses to improve the longevity of these prostheses.
- Plan a thorough clinical examination and to use different diagnostic tools during treatment planning discussion for patients to understand their needs and predict a realistic treatment outcome.
- Select and justify the best minimal invasive treatment options such as micro abrasion, veneers, partial crowns, onlays and resin-bonded bridges depending of the clinical conditions.