Comprehensive approach in diagnostic and treatment of caries disease
- Pathological factors causing demineralization and protective factors causing remineralization.
- Early identification and assessment of caries risk factors by using caries risk assessment.
- To diagnose the first signs of demineralization of hard dental tissues.
- Management of cavitated lesions; different treatment concepts to solve the problem of the cavitated lesions, especially the deep carious lesion.
- The choice of materials for restoring cavities should be guided by the caries risk of the patient, location, and extent of the lesion, lesion activity, special demands placed on the restoration.