FDI released the second edition of its Oral Health Atlas at the 2015 Annual World Dental Congress in Bangkok, Thailand. The new edition called The Challenge of Oral Disease – A call for global action serves as an advocacy resource for all oral healthcare professionals and anyone with an interest in oral health.
The second edition of the atlas highlights the extent of oral diseases worldwide and reflects on policies and strategies addressing the global burden. It presents a summary of key oral health issues – including
- the impact and burden of oral diseases, such as tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancer and more;
- major risk factors and the common risk factor approach;
- inequalities in oral health;
- oral disease prevention and management;
- oral health challenges; and
- ensuring oral health is on the global health and development agendas.
The Challenge of Oral Disease – A call for global action is aimed at national dental associations, health organizations, industry professionals and the general public to provide them with the means they need to address policy makers, governments and local authorities and advocate for change in oral health related policies. The book includes content from 30 contributors on specific chapters and data, which was reviewed and edited by Editors-in-Chief Prof. Habib Benzian and Prof. David Williams.
Download the Oral Health Atlas (2nd ed.)
|English version||French version||Spanish version|
- Download all maps and graphics from the atlas.
The following materials are available for download to promote the atlas:
To request a print copy and for any other inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.