The World Health Organization Executive Board (WHO EB) puts into practice the policies and decisions made at the World Health Assembly (WHA), WHO’s decision-making body. During the annual WHO EB meeting in January, EB members agree upon the agenda and the resolutions to be considered at the upcoming WHA.
FDI delivers statements at the annual WHO EB meeting, prepared together with the Vision 2020 Task Team, to push for oral health to be considered within certain agenda items. This is important because it raises the profile of oral health on the global health agenda and works toward establishing commitments and global policies on oral health.
WHO Executive Board 146th Session
- Item 7.1: Universal health coverage: moving together to build a healthier world (EB146/6)
- Item 17: Decade of Healthy Ageing (EB146/23)
- Item 20: Data and innovation: global draft strategy on digital health (EB146/26)
WHO Executive Board 144th Session
- Item 5.1: Proposed programme budget 2020-2021 (EB144/7)
- Item 5.4: Implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (EB144/11 Rev.1)
- Item 5.5: Primary health care towards universal health coverage (EB144/12)
- Item 5.8: Follow-up to the HLM on antimicrobial resistance (EB144/19)
- Item 5.8: Follow-up to HLM on the prevention and control of NCDs (EB144/20 and EB144/20 Add 1)
- Item 6.4: Promoting the health of refugees and migrants (EB144/27)