To support the Member Associations in enhancing the ability of their members to provide oral health care to the public
- Provide a world forum to exchange knowledge of and experiences in all aspects of oral health and oral health care.
- Encourage active participation and cooperation through consultation and through the democratic process of the World Dental Parliament.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to the main concerns of the Member Associations.
- Provide all possible support to facilitate Member Associations in achieving their goals.
- Promote the highest possible standard of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education worldwide.
- Provide advice to Member Associations and their Members relevant to the practice of dentistry.
- Provide the membership with efficient and effective management and administration of the organization.
- Increase the resources of the organisation and to work towards the long-term financial stability of the organisation.