To be the worldwide, authoritative and independent voice of the dental profession
- Recruit and retain an increasing majority of National Dental Associations as Regular and Associate Members.
- Recruit and retain increasing numbers of Individual Members.
- Recruit and retain an increasing number of International Dental Associations as Affiliate Members.
- TBring together the national and international leaders of the worldwide dental profession.
- Ensure a democratic process and representation within the organization.
- Represent the world-wide profession of dentistry in relation to international, intergovernmental, governmental, voluntary and other organizations.
- Analyse trends and developments of importance to oral health and oral health care world-wide.
- Develop, adopt and encourage proactive programmes to progressively develop oral health and oral health care.
- Foster and ensure the highest standards of competence and integrity.
- Ensure a quality review process and regular evaluations of all policies, programmes and activities of the organization.