Reports to Communications and Advocacy Director
Location Geneva, Switzerland
Position type Full time
Contract type 6-month temporary mission
Start date 1 November 2017 (or sooner if available)
FDI World Dental Federation is a Swiss-based not-for-profit organization. It serves as the principal representative body for over one million dentists worldwide. Founded in Paris, France in 1900 it is one of the oldest organization’s in the field of dentistry. Its membership includes some 200 national member associations and specialist groups in over 130 countries. FDI is the global voice of the dental profession and works with its member organizations to improve the oral health of people worldwide. It is in official relations with the World Health Organization and works closely with other UN agencies.
FDI is looking for a Communications Writer and Editor to work within the communications team producing news stories, publications and web content.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Write, edit and proofread content and coordinate all approvals for material including but not limited to: press releases, brochures, toolkits, speeches, letters, presentations, newsletters, news stories, web content
- Support the development of material for the World Oral Health Day campaign
- Help define and develop media strategies and outreach (with a communications agency, where appropriate). This includes key message and press release development, Q&As, spokesperson’s briefing documents, etc.
- Manage the production process and content for the organization’s Annual Report
- Work with the online team to produce web content and generate news
- Write articles for external publications and coordinate interviews
- Prepare background research for communication materials and publications
- Support the logistical organization of teleconferences/meetings and write minutes
- Contribute to general communications strategy and planning as part of communications team
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills (native English speaker preferable, fluency in other language(s) an asset), with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, including the ability to synthesize complex material accurately in non-specialist language
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- At least three years of relevant work experience within the healthcare sector, experience within oral health an asset
- Undergraduate degree in English, communication, or a related area desirable
Desired skills and competences
- Strong interest in oral health issues and global development
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to innovate and propose new ideas
- Ability to influence
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Chaz Jagait, Director of Communications and Advocacy by 15 October 2017. Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.